Renfrewshire Wide Credit Union
41 High Street, Paisley
Monday 23rd Sep, 2019
Credit Control Officer Vacancy
POST: P/T Credit Control Officer
SALARY RANGE: £19,000 (pro rata)
PLACE OF WORK: 41 High Street, Paisley
RESONSIBLE TO: CEO
CLOSING DATE: 5pm Monday, 30th September 2019
Renfrewshire-Wide Credit Union is an innovative and dynamic not-for-profit community credit union who is currently going through an exciting period of growth and development.
Our business aim is to offer an ethical, affordable way of borrowing and a safe place to save for our members thereby promoting thrift amongst our members.
We are looking for an energetic, master multi -tasker with excellent communication and a “can do” approach to join our Credit Control Team.
The Credit Control Officer (CCO) will be primarily responsible for the implementation of RWCU Credit Control Procedures and will contribute to the effective operation of RWCU’s lending practices, through liaison with the Lending and Management Team.
The CCO will assist in the recovery of missed payments and communicate with members in setting up repayment plans, referrals to third party agencies for the formal recovery of defaulted loans and providing the Management Team with monthly reports.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 year’s previous experience in a similar role.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Packages specifically outlook, excel and word. Strong communication and negotiation skills are key in this role.
• The ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrate strong organisational, administrative and time management skills.
• Problem solving with the ability to analyse, follow-up and resolve issues.
• Proven ability to deal with sensitive issues and discretion.
• A self-motivator with a “can do” attitude is essential
• Conduct regular analysis of the loan book to identify late payments and contact members both formally and informally to negotiate receipt of overdue payments.
• Ensure all credit control records, correspondence and members accounts are compliant and up to date.
• Instigate formal procedures for the recovery of debt from members. This includes Debt Recovery Agencies, Small Claims Court and DWP ELDS Benefit arrestment paperwork.
• Provide monthly formal report to the CEO on loan activity, bad debt ratios and provision for bad debt.
• Investigate new and more efficient and/or effective methods of both mitigating potential losses and recovering bad debt.
At present, this is a part time post but there is potential to progress within the organisation and would be a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to return to get back into the workplace or to work around school hours.
If you have the skills we need and the drive to work in a dynamic social enterprise on the rise, then please send your CV and covering letter telling us why you would be suitable to join our team to -
41 High Street
Closing Date 5pm on Monday 30th September 2019