Friday 08th Jan, 2016
Money saving checklist...
Student Money saving checklist…
It’s that time of year again; Freshers15 is vast approaching and you are counting down the minutes until SAAS put your student loan in to your bank account. Before you go crazy and spend the whole week of Freshers15 on a shopping spree or buying jelly shots at the student union, don’t blow it. Follow our money saving checklist and become a savvy saver.
You could even open a Renfrewshire Wide Credit Union savings account and then gain access to our loan products and services while you are studying, giving you the opportunity to spend your summer building up your CV with the financial stability of having savings. There are also lots of volunteer opportunities that will look fantastic on a CV such as customer service and financial skills.
- Flat share; you’ll find that you are cheaper to flat share and rent with a friend than go out on your own.
- Council Tax discount; if you are living with other full time students then you will all be exempt from paying council tax. For more information visit your local council authority for information.
- Student Discount, as soon as you get your student card make the most of it and use it, you will get discounts in shops such urban outfitters and Topshop, even apple offer an educational discount.
- Nus Card cost around £12 however it offers you over 170 savings with online and in store retailers for a year.
- Uni days, this is another website that offers many savings for students, all you need to do is sign up using your course and university details and then you will get daily emails with discount codes that can be used on eating out, shopping and leisure activities.
- Books; don’t buy new books, you will find that second hand books are just as good as many ex-students go on and sell their books once they have finished studying. This is a good way to make money and also save money. Try websites like amazon and ABE Books.
- BOB box of broadcast is available to everyone studying using your university log in details, the website has all sorts of television programmes available for watching, it can also be used as sources for presentations. For more information you can double check with your college or university.
We hope these tips have helped and wish you the best of luck with your course. We will be attending #Freshers15 fair at UWS on Wednesday 16th September 2015! Hope to see you all there.
Share This Story